We’ve made olive dip before that we absolutely loved, but that was mostly just olives and cream cheese – a beautiful combo, surely, but this time we wanted a little more going on in the mix…so we went with a hot-from-the-oven, cheesy baked olive dip that sent our taste buds spiraling. It was so, so good! While you could cut back on ingredients by nixing the garlic and onion powders, we don’t recommend that. All the flavors here work so well together and combine to make an all-star dip that will wow everyone every time.
Instead of just using green olives, which is what we did in our last olive dip, we doubled down and did both green and black olives, which we found gives a deeper, more complex flavor. Along with our cream cheese and mayonnaise base, we sprinkled in our garlic powder and onion powder, then mixed in plenty of cheddar cheese to melt the whole thing together into molten perfection.
You can double the recipe and bake this in a 9×13-inch baking dish if you’re serving a big crowd, but we just had a small get-together with friends the other day, so a standard square baking dish ended up working great. Then we just stocked up on ritz crackers and triscuits and we were good to go! Carrots or celery work as well, but we like the crunch from the crackers – do whatever works for you and enjoy!
Baked Olive Dip
30 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 1 cup green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup black olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- green onions, optional, finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise and softened cream cheese until smooth and combined.
- Stir in onion powder and garlic powder, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add both green and black olives, then stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Transfer mixture to a square baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Oh My Keto