When it comes to dips, isn’t doesn’t get much more classic than a good, ol’ fashioned spinach dip. Some people like to add artichoke to theirs, but this time we knew we wanted to keep it simple and traditional, focusing on the flavor from the fresh spinach and the creamy, cheesy sauce we threw together in our slow cooker. That’s right, it’s another, trusty slow cooker recipe that gives you delicious, eat easy greatness – and it frees up your time so you can relax and spend time with your family while this cooks. Win-win!
While a lot of spinach dips use frozen spinach, we prefer the texture and flavor of fresh spinach here. Use whatever works for you, but if you do end up going with fresh, make sure to give it a rough chop, so you’ve got bite-sized pieces when you’re dipping your crackers! Once you spinach is all sorted out, it’s all about the cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, greek yogurt and mayonnaise that gives us über smoothness – mix in the garlic and onion powder and you’ve got all the flavor you need.
Since this is a slow cooker recipe, pop the lid on that bad boy and cook it on high for two hours, no need to babysit it on the stove or continuously check on it in the oven – woo! What we’re left with is a flavorful, creamy dip that will have everyone raving…we should know, our friends basically walked away with the bowl of dip and left everyone else to fend for themselves! Don’t worry about the artichokes, you won’t miss ‘em here! Just grab the ingredients and toss them in the slow cooker…this dip will be ready before you know it!
The Easiest Spinach Dip
10 minutes active; 2 hours inactive to prepare serves 6-8
- 2 (10 oz.) cartons fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- wheat thins, garnish
- Place spinach and garlic in slow cooker and top with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- Top with yogurt and mayonnaise, then season with onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir ingredients together thoroughly, then cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot with chips and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Home Cooking Memories