Lasagna is one of our favorite comfort foods, all those layers of pasta, meat sauce, and cheese baked together into one warm and satisfying meal. Now, imagine if that rich and delicious pasta were wrapped in a layer of bacon. Yes, bacon, and yes, it’s as good as you can possibly imagine. Of course, anything wrapped in bacon is going to be amazing, so naturally, this little bacon trick instantly makes our lasagna a thing of magic. This is a next-level indulgence and a must try for any lasagna or bacon lover.
We can’t say that much really changes here when it comes to making our lasagna. We use a loaf pan instead of a larger baking dish, and this helps with the bacon-wrapping process. Choose any pasta sauce you like here; a meat-based sauce is great, so to is a marinara or even a mushroom. If fresh pasta is an option, then absolutely go for it with your lasagna noodles. Fresh is really a great way to make a dish shine. A boxed variety of lasagna noodle, cooked al dente, will work just fine. And we’d be remiss to skip the ricotta cheese filling and shredded mozzarella. So all of the essentials are here, but now they’re wrapped up in bacon. Drool, drool!
What comes out of the oven is like a lasagna present wrapped in bacon. Now, it will be important to regularly drain some of the excess fat from the pan while this bakes, so use patience and caution when doing so. When the bacon is crisped and the kitchen is filled with the most amazing aroma, then you know it’s time to dig in. A few minutes of cooling will help the lasagna hold its form, so give yourself a little time before diving in. Our bacon-wrapped lasagna is both visually appealing and taste bud inspiring. Be prepared to impress everyone around the dinner table when this bacon-wrapped lasagna comes out of the oven.
Bacon Wrapped Lasagna
90 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 20-24 slices bacon
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 3 lasagna sheets, cooked al dente
- 1 ½ cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella, divided
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. Line loaf pan with bacon strips, fanning out each slice to ultimately create a sun-shape around the pan.
- Mix ricotta with ½ cup mozzarella, ½ cup parmesan, and 2 eggs in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Assemble by placing 1 lasagna sheet in pan, top with ¼ of pasta sauce, ¼ ricotta mixture, and top with a thin layer of reserved mozzarella. Repeat this layering process with the second and third lasagna sheet, finishing with remaining layer of mozzarella. Fold end of bacon over top to completely wrap lasagna.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Scoop out excess grease periodically while cooking. Let rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan to slice and serve.