You know we love a good, old-fashioned no-bake cookie, but instead of using rolled oats in today’s no-bake recipe, we swapped a different breakfast cereal and a popular snack item into the ingredient list. No oats to be seen here, just rice crispies and pretzels and chocolate chips, all bound together by a tasty sea salt vanilla sugar mixture. Sounds pretty good, right?? It is!
These ooey-gooey cookies get all mixed together, then you let them sit and voilà! You’ve got peanut butter pretzel cookies! Let’s do a deeper dive into what makes these bad boys so yummy: peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar do most of the heavy lifting in regards to what makes these cookies actual cookies (i.e. what keeps them stuck together). Then it’s the crispies and the pretzels that bulk them up and give them their fun texture and crunchy consistency. Finally, little globs of chocolate chips – which are more or less incorporated depending on how long you wait to stir them into the hot cookie mixture – that round things off and really makes these cookies look and taste complete. They’re so good.
We love that these cookies taste amazing, and we reallllly love not having to turn on our oven or clean multiple dishes once the process is all said and done. You can mix everything together in one bowl, then just scoop the cookies out onto lined baking sheets for super easy clean-up. If you can wait the amount of time needed for them to chill and set, you’ll be golden, but if you can’t…we still understand and won’t hold it against you. They’re just too yummy to pass up!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
15 minutes to prepare 2 dozen
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, peanut butter, and white and brown sugar, and whisk together until smooth and creamy. 3-5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, then stir in pretzels and rice krispies, tossing until everything is evenly coated.
- Let mixture cool for 2-4 minutes, then stir in chocolate chips until incorporated. Use a 1-tablespoon scoop or spoon to drop cookie mixture onto lined baking sheets, topping with seas salt, if desired, then refrigerate until set.
Recipe adapted from Little Dairy On The Prairie