When you go to order pizza, are you an all-cheese person or do you swing in the opposite direction and get just about every meat possible to stack onto your cheesy pie? Both are good, solid options, but we can’t help but adore a good meat lovers pizza. So much so, in fact, that we recreated it here in pasta form to turn it into a filling family dinner that everyone loves.
Okay, what are the essentials, you ask? Well, to start, pasta. That’s the crux of our dish, replacing the typical dough, and then we fill it up with all your typical pizza fixin’s: sausage, bacon, pepperoni and plenty of cheese. For sauciness, we used a can of cream of chicken soup, along with a can of tomato sauce to make this the ultimate pizza pasta bake, then we stuffed in the meats and cheeses and let it bake to ooey-gooey, cheesy perfection in the oven.
Seriously, this pasta bake is not for the faint of heart. It’s got tons of flavor, plus tons of protein, and it’s just as good over the next couple days (if it lasts that long!) as it is when it first comes out of the oven. Now that’s what we call a winning dinner! Pizza and pasta lover alike will go nuts for this and you’re going to find that they’ll start requesting you make it all the time.
Meat Lovers Spaghetti Bake
1 hour to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 (16 oz.) package spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound ground sausage, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 4 oz. pepperoni, divided
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup, tomato sauce and parmesan cheese, then season with Italian seasoning, onion powder and minced garlic.
- Add cooked spaghetti and toss until thoroughly coated.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mozzarella and cheddar cheese, then set aside.
- Place half of spaghetti mixture in greased baking dish, then top with ground sausage, bacon and pepperoni.
- Top with remaining spaghetti, then sprinkle mozzarella cheddar cheese mixture on top. Top with remaining sausage, bacon and pepperoni.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from What's Megan Cooking?