You guys, if you’re still turning to boring, bland chicken recipes when you find yourself stuck in a recipe rut, this is just the dish to get things turned around and jump started for you. This meal comes together in 20 minutes and is AMAZING. Coated in a thick and creamy sauce, this (Instant Pot!) bacon honey mustard chicken is almost too good to be true – but it is!
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are juicy and incredibly flavorful, mushrooms had some more depth to the flavor and consistency, then the herbed honey mustard mixture takes things to the next level. Cook your chicken for 15 minutes (and be amazing by the fact that it stays so moist and never dries out), then switch your Instant Pot to sauté and pour in your half-and-half and bacon. Adding the liquid deglazes the bottom of the pot and makes sure you get all the crispy bits – which are like little extra pockets of flavor – incorporated into the sauce, then, with a little help from a cornstarch-water slurry, it all thickens into saucy goodness that coats the chicken perfectly.
This dish is seriously so yummy and it goes perfectly with just about anything you serve it with; rice, mashed potatoes, polenta, noodles…anything could work well with this dish, so what are you waiting for?? Grab your pressure cookers and get ready for a great dinner. Only the most flavorful and juicy chicken for us!
Bacon Honey Mustard Chicken
20 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 8 oz. preferred mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth, mustard, honey, garlic, dried thyme and onion powder, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs and mushrooms in your Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper, then pour chicken broth mixture on top and gently stir so everything is coated.
- Cover Instant Pot and seal lid, making sure valve is sealed and securely closed. Manually set time to pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then open steam valve so that it can fully vent.
- Uncover Instant Pot and turn on sauté function, then stir in half-and-half and bacon.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth, then mix into chicken, sautéeing until smooth and thickened.
- Once desired thickness is reached, serve hot with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes, or on its own.
Recipe adapted from 365 Day Of Slow Cooking