There’s no limit to the pumpkin possibilities this season and our next foray into the pumpkin treasure trove of recipes is pumpkin pudding, a homemade version that is absolutely delicious. Our pumpkin pudding is light, creamy, and mixed with just the right amount of spice and sweetness. As we all start to think about holiday menus, pumpkin is definitely going to be on the list and we think a pudding is a delightful way to serve up the season’s favorite holiday flavor.
Our pumpkin pudding is also quick and easy, so rookie cooks – this is a great recipe for you because it has great flavor without all the other fancy homemade pudding recipes that call for things like tempered eggs. We love the almost yogurt-like consistency that helps to keep this pudding a little lighter in texture and flavor compared to some denser recipes. It’s perfect as a pie filling or served in pudding cups with whipped cream and maybe some chopped pecans over top.
Not only is the recipe delicious it is also ridiculously convenient to make, with little to no effort beyond a little whisking. With all of the cooking that will be going on over the next few months, it’s nice to have some simple recipes on hand to help you survive the busy holiday cooking and baking season. A recipe like this is going to use shortcuts that will taste amazing and still have that homemade quality. A quick and easy pumpkin pudding for dessert is the perfect nod to the food and flavor of the fall season.
Homemade Pumpkin Pudding
20 minutes to prepare serves 4
- ½ cup pumpkin pie puree
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk instant pudding and pumpkin pie spice together until well blended. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin pie puree, yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Living Well Kitchen.