Mmm, are you guys ready for a dip that takes approximately 2 seconds to prepare, but’ll have everyone thinking it’s way more complicated than that? Let’s be real, we’re always looking for those kinds of recipes and this one doesn’t disappoint. Keeping it real simple with this one, all you need are cans of whole corn kernels, green chiles and salsa, plus a little seasoning, and you’ve got yourself an appetizer that everyone will go nuts for.
Seriously, a can opener and the ability to open a block of cream cheese are all you need for this yummy dish! Your corn and green chiles and salsa verde get all mixed together, then you pour it over the cream cheese and the sweet, spicy tang of it all works perfectly every time. Grab your chips and get ready – this stuff means business!
Corn Enchilada Cream Cheese Spread
15 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (4 oz.) can salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- corn or tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together corn, green chiles and enchilada sauce.
- Season with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place cream cheese on serving plate and use a spoon to make a slight indentation in the center, then pour green chile corn mixture over the top and serve with corn chips.