We used to always rely on store-bought caramel sauce whenever we were making sundaes or decorating cakes…that is, until we realized how ridiculously easy it is to make your own from scratch! That’s right, three ingredients are basically all you need to make an incredible caramel sauce that you can then drizzle over everything you could possibly want.
Here, we made an easy (read: super easy) party dip, where all you need is your caramel sauce, a brick of cream cheese, and some toffee bits to sprinkle on top. Dip apple slices in that bad boy and you’re good to go – it doesn’t get any easier or more delicious!
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread
15 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1/4 cup toffee bits or heath bar bits
- apples or pears, sliced, as needed
- Place cream cheese on serving plate and use a spoon to make a slight indentation in the center.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar and heavy cream, whisking until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously, then stir in salt, remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour caramel sauce into the center of cream cheese, then top with toffee bits.
- Serve with sliced apples and pears and enjoy.