Whether it’s for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, these blueberry crumb sticks are the perfect choice. Buttery, twisted morsels…these things are packed with flavor and seriously yummy. Let’s break it down for you: buttery layers of crescent roll dough smothered in blueberry cream cheese, then covered with blueberry pie filling. Top that off with another layer of dough, then slice it up into thin strips and twist away. You get perfectly spiraled bites of fruity deliciousness that’ll have you hooked in no time.
And not only that, these twists are covered in a brown sugar cinnamon butter crumble that definitely takes things to the next level. With each bite you get the creamy tang from the cream cheese, plus a little pop of juiciness from the blueberries in the pie filling. Buttery dough and a sinfully delightful crumble on top make this such an easy, tasty treat. It also doesn’t hurt that you can have these ready in under 25 minutes. Hello, easy, breezy, beautiful…blueberry twists!
Blueberry Twist Sticks
25 minutes to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 (8 oz.) package refrigerated crescents rolls
- 1/4 cup blueberry or mixed berry cream cheese
- 1/4 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into four, separate rectangles, pinching the seams together gently to seal the edges.
- Gently spread cream cheese onto each rectangle, then spread pie filling on two of the rectangles.
- Place remaining two rectangles on top of the ones with pie filling.
- Working from one of the long ends, use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut each rectangle into eight strips.
- Separate each strip, pinching the ends together to seal them, then gently twist each strip several times and transfer to lined baking sheet. (Leave at least two inches between strips.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon, the cut room temperature butter into dry ingredients.
- Brush sticks with melted butter, then sprinkle crumble mixture on top.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Deliciously Sprinkled